Careers at Canoe Trading Co
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE
We are seeking an experienced senior sales associate who will be a brand ambassador and champion for Canoe Trading Co. This person will be responsible for generating maximum sales potential while upholding high customer service standards, maintaining store appearance, keeping merchandise filled to the appropriate levels on the sales floor and minimizing shortages.
Ideally, you live in the city and love exploring nature and finding hidden gems. You know the best trails around the city and beyond and can pick out the right gear to help our customers navigate both the city and the great outdoors. You are social media savvy and love taking great photos to share. You’ve chosen a career in retail and are seeking out a position with a fast-growing company with career growth opportunities. You want to be part of the Canoe team and are excited about the opportunity to be part of our success and future growth.
WHO WE ARE:
Canoe Trading Co. is a lifestyle and apparel brand dedicated to offering a collection of well-made goods for everyday living, cabin life and outdoor adventures. We believe in quality goods that are thoughtfully designed, durable, sustainable, practical and crafted for urban dwellers whose hearts live in the outdoors.
- 2 years or more specialty retail experience preferred
- Strong training and development skills from previous retail related experience
- Computer proficiency and strong business acumen
- Ability to foster team commitment and create a positive working environment
- Ability to take initiative in making decisions on a timely/urgent basis
- Maximize sales volume
- Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with Canoe’s philosophy and direction
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive business with creative marketing, social media, merchandise and product ideas
- Manage time and prioritize tasks
- Ensure customer service is the #1 priority
- Works as a member of a team to accomplish store goals
OPERATIONS / VISUAL PRESENTATION
- Maintain productivity in non-selling tasks (i.e. shipment processing, inventory counting, price change activities, ordering etc)
- Maintain store appearance to reflect Canoe standards
- Replenish merchandise on a timely basis
- Be knowledgeable on all store merchandise
- Have knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization
- Be detail oriented in maintaining displays
POSITION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to work up to 40 hrs. per week
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may require evenings, weekends and holidays
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- Nice to have – photography skills, Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom, social media savvy
- Ability to communicate with customers and store personnel; maneuver around sales floor, stock room, and office; lift heavy objects, stretch, and bend; operate cash register and office computer